This service is of use to all builders, contractors, developers, surveyors, architects and engineers that need to obtain planning consent and a cost effective foundation option for a particular construction project.
SEP has an extensive track record in organizing and undertaking such works for both public and private sector clients including major infrastructure projects, PFI initiatives and for proposals ranging in size from single residential housing plots to major commercial development sites.
SEP will always attempt to work within the timescales and budget for any proposed development whilst still reflecting the technical input necessary to provide a fully professional service to meet the precise requirements of the client.
At SEP we have close links with a number of UKAS laborites where we can have samples analyzed for contamination levels.
Our Ground Investigation Service can be tied in with the other services we offer to provide a complete package, issuing volume reports, planning applications and the topographical surveys to establish accurate understanding of the nature of the site.
SEP have the following capabilities
- Five conventional light cable percussion drilling rigs for use in superficial deposits.
- One cut down light cable percussion drilling rig for use in low headroom and / or difficult access areas
- Four number window sampler / dynamic probing rigs for drilling in zones of poor quality soils or sites affected by near surface contamination.
- Rotary drilling using both openholing and coring techniques.
- Two Concrete Coring rigs for coring through existing floorslabs or hardstandings.
- Trial pitting by machine excavation supervised by a qualified engineering geologist.
- Hand excavated pits to inspect, photograph and log in detail existing foundations
- Subsequent laboratory testing of recovered soil / rock samples or contaminated soils is only undertaken using UKAS accredited laboratories.
- Ancillary fieldwork activities include the installation of gas / groundwater wells for subsequent monitoring.
- After intrusive investigations have been completed appropriate technical reports can be provided covering all geotechnical and / or environmental aspects of any particular project.
- Post investigation services can also be provided for example advice on construction problems or monitoring / validation or remedial works for combating ground contamination.
- Additional services such as Plate load testing, in-situ CBR testing, and sand replacement test can also be provided.